Menu reserve a room

Explore

Located in the historic latin quarter of Old Quebec, you will find that Hotel du Vieux-Quebec is the perfect home base for exploring all that the city has to offer.

Historical

Dufferin Terrace

in front of the Château Frontenac

The current Dufferin Terrace was created at the initiative of the Governor General of Canada, Lord Dufferin. Lord Dufferin served as Governor General between 1872 and 1878 and it was he who laid the foundation stone of the terrace being repainted. This terrace which gives the city an air of resort is 671 meters long. This is one of the main attractions of the city of Quebec and a venue you very popular. A panoramic view of the river, the south shore and the island of Orleans opens from the terrace.

Localisation
Historical

Martello Towers

in fear, justified on several occasions, an American invasion of Canada. Therefore, between 1805 and 1823, the colonial authorities decided to erect four Martello towers. Martello Tower is a work of popular defense in the military since the beginning of the Napoleonic wars. In total, nearly two hundred Martello towers were built around the world, including more than a dozen in Canada.

• Tower No. 1, built between 1805 and 1810, overlooking the cliff.

• The Tower 2 was built at the same time. It is located at the corner of Taché and Laurier, Quebec's highest points.

• Tower No. 3 was built in 1805 and demolished in 1904.

• Tower No. 4, whose construction was completed in 1823, is located on the street Lavigueur.

Historical

Du Palais Train Station

450 Gare-du-Palais street

The construction of this heritage station began in 1915, after half a century of complaints by citizens of Quebec. Originally, the station housed the Canadian Pacific Railway trains that connected Quebec and Lake St. John. Then, the number of trips has increased. In 1976, the station is closed, but it reopened in 1985. Since there are passenger trains of Via Rail.

Localisation
Historical

Tourny’s Fountain

in front of the Parliament

The Tourny Fountain is a gift from businessman Peter Simons in Quebec City for its 400th anniversary. This fountain is installed in front of the National Assembly of Quebec. The fountain is seven meters high and four meters wide and has 43 jets.

Localisation
Historical

Breakneck Stairway

between Côte-de-la-montagne street and Petit-Champlain street

The staircase Champlain, more known as Breakneck Stairway name dates back to the early days of New France. It appears on the map of the city of Quebec in 1660. The staircase of 58 degrees overlooking the Rue du Petit-Champlain and provides access to the restaurants and shops of Quartier Petit-Champlain. These are the locals who found him the name that suits him so well 

Historical

Citadelle of Québec

The Citadelle was built between 1820 and 1850 by Colonel Durnford to plans Chaussegros de Lery. It is a star-shaped structure that builds the fortifications of Vauban, the great French military architect. The Citadel was occupied by British troops until November 1871, but never served as defensive in war or attack. Today, the Citadel, though still occupied by the Royal 22nd Regiment, is open to visitors who can watch the changing of the guard, a daily event that attracts many tourists

website
Historical

Château Frontenac

On Cap Diamant

In 1892 begins the construction of the Chateau Frontenac, designed by New York architect Bruce Price, but its central tower of seventeen floors was built in 1924, while the last wing was added in 1993 . The hotel, which contains more than 600 rooms, was built by the Canadian Pacific Railway Company. Today, the imposing Château Frontenac has become a symbol of the city of Quebec.

Localisation
Historical

Louis XIV buste

on PLace Royale

n 1686, the Intendant of New France, Bochart de Champigny, installed a bronze bust of King Louis XIV in the public square. It reproduces the French custom and the site takes the "Place Royale". In 1700, the bust is removed on the grounds that night freight traders instead. It is stored in a room at the Intendant's Palace. In 1928, a copy of the bust is relocated to the Place Royale, the bust is removed in 1944 to be permanently resettled in 1964. The bronze bust was cast in France and mounted on a granite base

Localisation
Load More
Close